Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My New Favorite Recipe: Zucchnini Squares


All I can say is that I will probably eat this whole pan of zucchini squares before Ryan gets home from work. My aunt Patricia turned me on to this dish. They had it along with a salad one night for dinner and it sounded SO good. She gave me some fresh zucchini and squash from her garden, and I couldn't wait to try it! It will probably be my new go-to thing to take for parties, church events, etc. I am cooking tonight and made this in place of cornbread. It is a wonderfully tasty savory dish that is great to accompany a meal or stand alone! Packed with veggies and protein (the recipe has FOUR eggs), it will satisfy.
Ingredients
1 cup biscuit/baking mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 minced fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup minced onion
3 medium zucchini grated (*I did 2 zucchini and 1 yellow squash!)
Combine all ingredients and spread into a 9x13 baking dish that has been greased. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until set and golden brown.
Tips:
I used a stand-up box grater to grate my veggies, including onion. It took NO time.
The original recipe called for vegetable oil. I LOVE the combination of rosemary & olive oil, so I substituted, with wonderful results.

No comments:

Post a Comment